Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Industry News (Archive) Worlds first colour 3D Printer with 10 million colours, the Mimaki 3DUJ 553 +VIDEO Re: Worlds first colour 3D Printer with 10 million colours, the Mimaki 3DUJ 553 +VIDEO

• Robert Lambie

April 4, 2018 at 6:15 am

Totally agree Phill, I also had one of those crystal blocks done when I was at alton towers some years ago. I saw lots of them in Tenerife when i was just there over Christmas. They were also offering much bigger Chrystal/glass blocks and shapes to have 3D pictures etched inside. what i did notice was the shops offering these type things were novelty shops, doing direct to garment t-shirt printing, hat embroidery and all sorts of similar stuff. I could see why they had added this type product to their shop, but i felt it cheapened the product. Where as I would have expected more a small high street Jewellers to be offering it. maybe im wrong…

I recently watched 3D printing concrete buildings, also 3D printing with aluminium for rocket nose cone parts done in days which would normally take over a year to fabricate. anyway…
    One thing for sure with the Colour 3D printers like this Mimaki one, the possibilities are endless.