Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Industry News (Archive) Chicago Trump Tower sign design fail + Video Re: Chicago Trump Tower sign design fail + Video

• Robert Lambie

February 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Looking at those letters being positioned with the "dark slat" type background, i am now more certain that that white outline is there purely to spread light when illuminated, rather than any design factor as such. Without it, that dark slat background would have absorbed any light reflection and gave virtually no spread/glow out with the letter.
    Do not get me wrong, its a problem we are all faced with daily and we too put up exactly the same scenario in Glasgow City Centre only last week for Hairdressers. Which is why my comment of Fast Food Type sign in previous post. But considering the customer and the money behind the project, i would have thought more clever solution to the problem would have come about, if not scrap it and look towards a possible front illuminated sign. anyway, guess work on my part and as has been said already, a self preference thing. 😀