Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics How far do you let a customer push you before you rant? Reply To: How far do you let a customer push you before you rant?

• Kevin Busby

May 22, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I’m so glad that the people who have been around for years are feeling this way cause having just started out in the game I seem to have already picked up the cheapskates.

Got an e-mail while I was out asking for a quote to do a Transit type van, pdf attached with the design on but nothing saying the make, model, year of van (picture looks like renault traffic but could be Vauxhall) so went to reply and ask for details when I found they sent it to 12 other companies.

I know its dog eat dog out there and people will always shop around but don’t you find it really knocks back your motivation to quote for work thats been sent out like that. If customers cant even be bothered to send separate e-mails to each supplier quoting you just know that no matter what price you put or which material you plan on using the customer is just going to come back and say "xxx can do it for this price, you will have to beat it if you want the work’ Makes you feel like saving yourself some time and not bother quoting in the first place.

I don’t blame you at all Denise, I think you saved yourself one hell of a headache by returning the deposit and cancelling, maybe if more people did that there would be less people trying to get you to work for nothing.

Roll on the weekend lol