Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics where can i buy cutting matts from please? Reply To: where can i buy cutting matts from please?

• Robert Lambie

May 18, 2013 at 5:24 pm

We use plasticol sheet metal, reverse side, not the vinyl/plastic coat side.
    comes in a roll of about 20 metres so can spec the length you want. its 49inch wide.

we have used it for the past 20 years…

the more cuts/worn the sheet has, the better its seems to get.

you can buy it from a great many sheet metal companies, but one in glasgow we buy from sells "random end of pallet colours" for between £10-£30
    colour is irrelevant top you because you use the rear of it.

the only thing you need to make sure is that you do not kink the sheet lifting it onto the table. its easy done if lifted wrong. this doesn’t stop the sheet being used, it just leaves a little bump in the sheet, but for your working surface its better to have it perfectly flat.

as i said, the older it gets the better. one time purchase, never replace.

this sheet material is the same material they build modern day factory walls and roofs with, "BEFORE" they create the corrugations in it. has a 20 year warranty on rusting and colour stability 10 years i think.

Off the shelf size is 49inch x 10ft but they will cut to size too…
    Think the Glasgow company is Adam G Brown. cant be sure though as its been ages since we bought from them now. Based in Park Head area….