Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Industry News (Archive) The Worlds 1st low-cost Print & Cut desktop machine! Reply To: The Worlds 1st low-cost Print & Cut desktop machine!

• David Rowland

June 26, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I am pleased to see that their is a white recirculation system on the VS which I have only just started researching on, as I believe that this has the new DX6 head, which means smaller nozzles as well.

Ink is Agfa G2 ink for UV printers.

Rob is spot on with the White comments, I leave "flush" in the heads 24 hours a day as we rarely use our white, it is air-drying so it blocks the nozzles on our printer, if you dont have it in use daily it is not economical to unblock and use.

The ink contains titanium particles as well as this thicker more dense ink, it is not easy to print with unlike the coloured ink which is 99% perfect.

The AGFA has a stirring mechanism that is turning the ink around every 10 minutes or so, however if ink is left in the line after the recirculation system you have to purge it thru as the nozzle check will be not fluid and crisp enough.

If anything on a UV, the whole White printing saga is a big lesson, it is not easy at all.

If I look at another printer again, I am unlikely to be buying it for white or metallic.