Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Industry News (Archive) The Worlds 1st low-cost Print & Cut desktop machine! Reply To: The Worlds 1st low-cost Print & Cut desktop machine!

• Jason Xuereb

June 26, 2011 at 3:23 am

I have an XC540 with white ink. No re circulation system and I am not sure where people get their information on the maintenance for white ink machines. Most of the comments seem like no one does maintenance on their machines period.

Most of the comments I read must come from people passing on second hand information as the maintenance on my machine hasn’t been anything out of the ordinary. Sure the full ink renewal is a pain in the bum but I’d like to see anyone printing over 100 metres of white ink on 1370 material in White -> CMYK mode. Roughly taking one metre per hour so it took about 4 days to print this job.

My only gripe is that I can’t over ride the standard ink renewal prompts during an actual job. Hopefully they can fix this with a firmware update in the future.

I actually have more problems with the black ink and my black head then I do with my white ink and their respective heads. Go figure.