Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Industry News (Archive) The Worlds 1st low-cost Print & Cut desktop machine! Reply To: The Worlds 1st low-cost Print & Cut desktop machine!

• John Cooper

June 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I’ve only just found this thread and, as a Gerber Edge FX owner, found it very interesting. I do quite a lot of small labels and my Edge has more than paid for itself.

What appeals to me about this printer is it’s simplicity in use compared to the Edge with its foils and quirky Omega software. I do think the range and quality of the metallics available on the Edge will be better in appearance on the finished product. I base this on samples sent to me from another (maybe Roland) metallic capable printer – I was underwhelmed.

It would be great if it had white ink BUT, developments in white ink have been quite slow and the hardware still requires a high degree of maintenance to keep the white moving. To many potential problems possibly.

In it’s favour, I think the Gerber is faster with metallics, better with metallics and offers a great white backing. You don’t require a laminator either.