Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics advice on fitting a sign tray Reply To: advice on fitting a sign tray

• Peter Normington

January 10, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Although we all need to ask questions, I did not answer this one after seeing it.
    The reason, the question is so basic, that it could have been thought of as a wind up.
    if you are in this industry, and are cant fit your own basic stuff, and also cant figure out if you need screws in the bottom angle, well….
    Now, I am not criticising you for asking, just saying why I think you did not get any answers.
    The answer is you only need 4 screws, any more are just for piece of mind providing the tray is ally and in one piece, one in each corner top and bottom. For composite I would use one every 500-600mm top and bottom.
    ideally there should be no gap between the tray and rails, in practice up to 5mm would be acceptable
    I know others will chime up and disagree, but what you should be asking is how many and what type, to fix the angle to the wall, this is the important place to have the strength.

Peter