Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics VAT increase, your thoughts Reply To: VAT increase, your thoughts

• Peter Mindham

January 4, 2011 at 2:18 pm

With respect to Phil and Martin. You are really talking about something different now. The customers you describe will always try to get a ‘deal’ whether VAT is included or not. They don’t come into the equation. The question was I thought, would being registered or not registered make any difference to my business. My answer is still it depends, but if you expect to deal with larger companies they will expect you to be registered. They look for this as a demonstration of company size and viability. (whether I agree with their method of assessment is neither here nor there though).
    I know some of the companies I deal with would probably not buy if I was not charging VAT. They want to have the opportunity to claim this back against their own sales. Unless you are 20% cheaper than the guy who is VAT registered and quoting against you, you will struggle to compete. Fact.

Just my opinion 🙂

Peter