Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics Sign text for Getting Paid? Reply To: Sign text for Getting Paid?

• Mo Gillis-Coates

December 29, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Iv’e posted on this before…. get paid up front! I have one customer who doesn’t pay first, but he’s also my unit landlord, so we offset against the rent each month, we still pay each other but he sends my cheque with my invoice and viz a viz…

As yet I have never come across a customer who has told me he didn’t want to go ahead when I asked how he wanted to pay his bill before I started any work! I usually say when closing the deal, "how would you like to pay for that today?"

I guess I have just got used to asking for the money up front. I think if we are honest we are a little scared of asking for money, I know I used to be. But then again most of my orders are placed on line so people pay straight away anyway.

Perhaps you should have a try at getting the payment first! I know some if not most people are going to say…"I wouldn’t get any business if I did that"

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you probably right!" (Henry Ford)