Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics VAT increase, your thoughts Reply To: VAT increase, your thoughts

• Bob Clarkson

December 29, 2010 at 1:30 am

The sign business is my hobby, I’ve not done it full time for over 15yrs, and even then I was doing property development along side. I have a couple of core businesses, and I speculate. I’m not doing fortune telling, all the factors are there. This has being in the making for a few years now, there’s money to be made again to the degree there was in the 80s. I’ve just got 20 odd years more experience now.

You don’t always have to predict what’s going to happen in the future, but you do have to have a grip on exactly what’s happening now.

I’ve spent hours upon hours over the years learning this, and I had a proven mentor. I can assure you it pays off time and time again, hold your nerve and don’t be greedy is the balance.

We can only earn so much money with our hands, a bit of guts and a bit of knowledge makes a difference.

I agree people are resilient, but the next ten years won’t be the same as the last.

With respect to people in the know, I’m fed a few crumbs, obviously there’s people far better at this than me, but I do quite ok.