Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Sign text for Getting Paid? Reply To: Sign text for Getting Paid?

• Peter Normington

December 28, 2010 at 7:55 pm
    quote Bob Clarkson:

Didn’t mean it quite as literal as that! I was more trying to put the emphasis on “deal on a handshake” days of business are fast becoming a thing of the past.

We’re all out to make a living one way or another, it’s just standards and code of conduct for want of a better word are fast slipping. Trust in business, or at least relatively low cost business, which mostly ours is, people used to hate anyone to think they couldn’t afford to, or wouldn’t pay. These days it’s not uncommon for a so called business/tradesman to knock another for a minimal amount of money. It was more a pointer to be aware of than a slating of humanity.

Bob
    Nothing has really changed, when i was a lad the notice in our corner shop read "do not ask for credit as a refusal often offends"
    there were cowboys around before you and I were born. Some people are just out to rip others off. Mostly though, people are honest, but because of the minority, we all need to look after our elves.
    Peter