Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Off Topic Chat card fraud Reply To: card fraud

• Gill Harrison

May 7, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I’ve just gone through it with Mam and Dad. They had been getting a large amount of nuisance calls, but then received a call from BT offering to stop the calls, unfortunately Mam gave their details over………..strangely she received a call a couple of days later saying that they would not be taking a payment?????. It was about a month later that she rang me saying that she wanted me to pop in and take a look at a bank statement as there was a couple of strange withdrawals………..one for US Dollars and another for Canadian. Neither large amounts but I did get straight onto Barclay’s and get the cards canceled. This was 3 weeks back and Mam got a letter on Wednesday saying that they had investigated the fraud and that Mam’s account would be credited the full amount.
    Barclay’s were very good and the replacement card’s sent straight out. But the whole thing has really shaken Mam……your very right Peter they are low life but very clever as the amounts were very small so by the time they do it to hundreds of people I bet they are coning a lot of people out of a lot of money 😕 😕