Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Off Topic Chat John Childs. Passed away May 3rd 2010 Reply To: John Childs. Passed away May 3rd 2010

• Karl Williams

May 7, 2010 at 10:12 am
    quote Phill:

I’ve just been reading Johns introductory thread which was posted in 2002
    http://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=1707&highlight=

What an unassuming person.

quote :

As I say, I am happy to help but I think I am more likely to learn more from you guys with your wider experience.

Nothing could be further from the truth – he advised me and other folks so much behind the scenes and had an amazing ability to see through all the bullshit but still remained kind with his replies. Someone to look up to and respect. He was a mentor to me and many others.

Just read his first input into the site mate. As John explained he was not the most experienced when he joined as most of us. Hes taken advice from his good mates on here and ended up with a fantastic business. The man was a success. But he didnt only take advice, he gave it very well and was a great teacher to me. I learnt a great deal from him and if I could achieve his success I would be very proud. The pics on here and his introduction has put a lump in my throat. With the family community we have on here and the friendship we all share I feel like I’ve lost a family member. Gonna really mis you buddy.