Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Info on the Post Office strike please? Reply To: Info on the Post Office strike please?

• John Childs

October 21, 2009 at 3:25 pm

We’ve been using Fastway too.

We have the odd late delivery (sorry Matt) and, in a fit of temper, I resolved to change carrier. However, thinking about it logically, I’m minded to stay with them.

Their advantages are their low prices and minimal paperwork. Most other carriers have booked collections, either by phone or internet, and that means that if you’re not in the system, then the driver doesn’t collect. With Fastway, our driver pokes his nose in when he’s passing, so if we finished a job two minutes previously, it still goes on that day, rather than having to wait until the next.

Yes, they make the occasional mistake, but probably no more than any other carrier, and I think their other benefits make it in our interest to stick with them.

Hugh, Fastway do delivery anywhere in the country. Where they don’t have their own franchisee operating they have a deal with one of the other carriers to deliver.