Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Off Topic Chat lost driving license Reply To: lost driving license

• John Childs

October 20, 2009 at 8:38 am

Ahhh, children. Brought into this world to give parents a hard time. 😀

Well, whether he was doing ninety, or into three figures, doesn’t really matter. He was deliberately speeding and should be told to take the consequences.

As for lesson learned – I don’t see it. There was no accident and nobody got hurt (thankfully) so the only real lesson he will learn is not to get caught next time.

If it does end up in court the best advice I can offer is to plead guilty, say that he’s sorry, that it won’t happen again, and then keep his mouth firmly shut. Absolutely anything he tries to say in mitigation will make him sound like a right plonker when read in the local evening paper. 😀

added on edit: Sorry if the above makes me sound like a smug, holier than thou, pedant. I’m not really, honest, and will happily speed with the best of them when circumstances permit. But when I get caught, and I’m bound to sooner or later, I will be quite happy to take my medicine.