Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Vinyl vinyl to car door mouldings Reply To: vinyl to car door mouldings

• John Childs

June 3, 2009 at 4:59 am
    quote Peter Normington:

there are vinyls that will stick to mouldings, so if the customer is prepared to pay why say stuff them?

Fair enough, perhaps I was being a bit harsh, and of course I would do it if the customer was prepared to pay, but they so rarely are, are they? "HOW MUCH?" goes up the wail, "I can get it cheaper down the road".

The number of times we have been asked to put lettering across those mouldings Lord Nelson could count on the fingers of his bad hand. So we would have to order the stuff in especially, and then be left with offcuts at the end of the job that would just sit cluttering up the workshop for the next few years, until we threw them out. We’ve got barrowloads of stuff like that and I don’t want any more.

I wish you the best of luck with this job Martin, but unless you can convince the customer to part with loads of cash, or there is a nice volume, I would stick to the "it can’t be done" line.