Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Vinyl Clear app tape – Hi tack Reply To: Clear app tape – Hi tack

• John Childs

May 27, 2009 at 9:15 am

Our clear app tape stock seems to comprise of some Doro 903, which they describe as a medium tack; and some with Q Tape printed inside the roll. I’ve no idea what that is, but the girls say that the Q Tape is better and lies flatter when applied.

Stuart, I take your points on board. It’s all a compromise though isn’t it. For general use with paper tape the girls making the graphics here prefer low tack because it’s easier for them to unroll the tape, whereas the lads fitting them prefer high tack so it’s easier for them to pull the backing sheet off. We have overcome the girls concern to a large extent by buying them a Sheeter machine, but tend to stick to medium tack tape to keep both groups happy.

Back to clear, I think my problem might be in the sales blurb, and that something that one manufacturer describes as medium tack might only be considered low tack by another. Are there any definitive specifications for the various grades, or is it all perception and guesswork?

So, I think my only solution is get on the phone this morning and blag as many samples as I can, test them all, and pick the one we like best.