Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Off Topic Chat Barack Reply To: Barack

• Kimberley Edwards

January 20, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I am overjoyed and extremely proud to have Barack Obama as our new president. This is a profoundly joyous day and a marked one in our history. Change has already come in a very big way to America.
    I worked very hard to help get him elected; I worked hard in 2000 and 2004 to prevent Bush, too, and all I can say is I’m glad that long national nightmare is over. I feel like I can go out of the country again without feeling embarrassed and trying to pass as a Canadian.
    As far as being concerned about Obama; all I can say is that he was elected by a greater majority than any recent President, he currently has somewhere between a 75 and 83 % approval rating, which obviously includes people who did not vote for him, but who nevertheless are impressed by the way he’s handling his transition. Yes, there are people who don’t like him, that will always be the case. About 75% of the country has been sick and tired of Bush for at least 2 years, and about 50% have feared and despised him ever since 2000, not to mention the rest of the world, (that shoe throwing guy is very popular here, and has spawned loads of imitators, most recently right outside the White House) and he finally got his sorry butt safely on that helicopter and out of town today without incident, so we don’t need to harbor fears for Obama. He has probably the best security force in the world, and he has a tremendous amount of goodwill and optimism with him. We’re facing incredible challenges, and people just want someone who’s smart enough and creative enough to just start making a dent in them, and the vast majority want him to succeed – we desperately need it. Cheers, world.