Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics does a shop location matter when setting up business? Reply To: does a shop location matter when setting up business?

• Will Plane

October 7, 2008 at 9:03 am

I’ll keep you posted! Either way notice is now served at my current unit, sometimes you got to listen to gut instinct and that’s what I’m going with, I just got a good feeling about my new place. I’m currently in a 2000sq ft unit which is cold, dark and far away from the punters (yes this is all year round), get that cut off feeling and I really hate that. I know you can’t have your cake and eat it all the time but being self employed does open a few more doors occasionally, you dig?

It is another industrial unit (not retail) where I’m moving to, 1500 sq ft (smaller), nice layout etc, clearly visible as bang on a bypass with easy pull in access and 10% cheaper on the rent. One thing I haven’t mentioned is that half of my business is on-line via mail order graphics so I really only need a few local jobs a week to sustain all the bills etc, online is where I retail……locally I do not.