Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Are you thinking about investing or doing anything new? Reply To: Are you thinking about investing or doing anything new?

• Steff Davison

August 26, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Karen, I followed the sales numbers. I started in a spare bedroom at home with a 10 year old summa. I concentrated on selling what the Summa could make,I didnt have any other choice.

As volumes grew I bought another Summa, moved into a 1200 sq ft unit, took on staff etc etc.

Invested all my profit back into my firm. I wanted a printer, so I waited until I had enough money from cutting vinyl to buy one for cash….. then got one on finance. The profits from my vinyl cutters easily paid the finance and I had the cash still to fund sales growth. If I didnt have enough free cash from cutting vinyl to easily cover the finance costs I would still be cutting vinyl. If the printer hadnt worked out I wouldnt have lost the farm the way I did it, I suppose Ive been lucky, helped by working 14 hour days 7 days a week.

I suppose the long and short of it is, invest where the money (sales numbers) tell you, and speculate with the profits your existing set up makes.

Good luck,

Steff