Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussion General Printing Topics Advice needed on a Print & Cut machinery to purchase? Reply To: Advice needed on a Print & Cut machinery to purchase?

• David Hammond

July 27, 2020 at 5:55 pm

I’ve a little more time to reply.

£650 per vehicles, weight that up against.

£10,000 for a new(ish) printer. Most need to be used regularly or the heads will clog, last head I replaced cost £1200 fitted. You can keep it on, and do regular cleans, print the odd job, but with ink costing £70+ a litre, it’s an expensive beast.

Your plotter, you’ll be wanting at least a 1370 plotter, with optical eye, and it’s going to have to be half decent for accuracy, so add in £3000 there.

Printed graphics need laminating, despite what the sales reps will tell you, so add another £2000+ for a decent one there.

Software, most are subscription based now, so £40 a month?

Stock, a decent polymeric vinyl and laminate, could be £300.

I’ve got that at £15,780 if you bought it all outright and then there’s the time messing about making it all work.

You’d need to be doing 2 of your vehicles a month, to make back the capital investment in 12months, and you’re still risking clogging a head.

Shop around, even ask the existing supplier is there anything they can do on price. Just be cautious of those using the cheapest rubbish they can get hold of.