Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics can anyone tell me what a gobo is please? Reply To: can anyone tell me what a gobo is please?

  • Robert Lambie

    April 1, 2008 at 7:03 pm

    gobo is the lens/filter made up to cover the lens of a powerful projector.
    from memory its a thin aluminum disc. lets say the batman logo is cut from a circle and placed over the lens of a projector and pointed at the clouds. the logo would then be projected/seen on the clouds.
    again, from memory its made from metal or whatever to prevent it being destroyed by the heat of the lamp in the projector.
    i think you get them in other materials also… some maybe glass filters to make up coloured logos and the like…

    if you ever want to have a projection of something put on a wall or the like, gobo’s are normally the pricey part of the setup. but there are ways around that…

    sorry for the rough explanation… 😳 :lol1: