Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion Off Topic Chat Finally Uni Is Over Reply To: Finally Uni Is Over

• Shane Drew

July 16, 2007 at 11:01 am

Yeah Bill, I know what you mean. It was painted by a client who was an Amiga freak. A very talented man. He had and old OKI wax colour printer at the time, cost a fortune to run but nothing would stop him from printing reams of art. The old dot matrix printers didn’t do his pieces justice.

Barbara, I actually feel sorry for my dad and sister. They deserved the spoils that a successful program would have afforded them. It was a brilliant program that was so simple to use, my dad often complains that all he wants is something like our old cash book, nothing so complicated as whats around today. Don’t get me wrong, my dad and sister made good money in those early days, but it would have been better if they had been where QB or MYOB are now. But neither are ruthless like you need to be these days.

Of course, if things were different I may have been in IT now, and not being ‘creative’ in the graphics industry.

My dad was always ahead of his time in some ways. He opened a store dedicated to renting VCR’s and videos in 1976. Video players were not that common then, but dad was convinced that there would be an industry in video rental. He stuck it out for 9 months, with everyone telling him he was a clown… all the negativity made him change the shop into selling TV’s and Videos. 6 months after that, Video Classics started up their video rental group, and the rest is history 🙁

I could go on with lots of experiences like that Barb. My dad was always a very positive person, too positive sometimes. I was always taught that anything is possible if you give it enough thought. Since my dads near death experience in 2001 though, he’s changed to be very negative, which is unfortunate. But he still very encouraging to both of his kids 😉