Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics advice on a legal matter Reply To: advice on a legal matter

• Hugh Potter

April 26, 2007 at 8:12 am

i currently use this on the bottom of a word template i made, simple stuff really,

Customer name

Job details

Price
    Deposit required Yes / No ?

Installation date

Artwork accepted Yes / No ?

I / We hereby acknowledge the terms and conditions of the agreement as laid out below,

signed Print name Position in company

Payment kindly requested as due upon completion of work.

All goods, either supply only, or supplied and fitted, remain the property of Drag-On Signs until payment is received in full. Payment is due upon completion of the project, or as agreed by separate contract. You hereby give Drag-On Signs permission to remove the goods in the event of non payment, this may also incur additional labour charges if you request the goods returned. Where a deposit is required, it must be cleared before the job commences.
    By signing this form, you are entering into a legally binding contract, you are also agreeing that you have inspected the proposed artwork, so please be sure that everything is correct at the time of signing, any mistakes or changes after this point, may be chargeable, In the event of a cancellation of the job., the customer is liable for the full costs of Drag-On signs, for any materials purchased and time incurred, this will be deducted from the deposit.
    All artwork submitted by Drag-On Signs, whether designs, text, colour schemes or layouts, remain the copyright of Drag-On Signs, Artwork / copyright may be purchased if the job is not accepted…, if you or someone on your behalf, reproduces the work without purchasing the copyright, you will be in breach of copyright law and recompense will be sought .
    It is the responsibility of the customer to inform us if you do NOT own the copyright to any artwork, logo’s, or designs, whereby you request Drag-On Signs to reproduce them. By asking us to reproduce, we will assume you have sought and attained the rights, and we will not be held liable for any breach of copyright that may occur as a result.

Full terms and conditions are available upon request.