Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics advice on a legal matter Reply To: advice on a legal matter

• John Childs

April 25, 2007 at 12:38 pm
    quote Shane Drew:

John, the assumption is that Martin had the clause on his invoice. I don’t see in the original post any mention of the clause tho.

I’m pretty sure the law here is similar to yours though. As has been stated, in a court, if the client has not signed the clause specifically, the lawyers will have a field day. The client must sign the clause acknowledging ‘they read and agree to the terms of the contract’ or ‘account terms’. Otherwise it not worth the paper it is written on.

That’s absolutely right Shane. But we all have those clauses on our contracts/acceptances, don’t we? Don’t we?

No, of course we don’t, but this case is a reminder that we should all look to our paperwork so that we don’t fall into the same trap.

However, I stand by my comment that the police in the UK would not be interested.

I’d get the sign down. To minimise problems I’d do it first thing in the morning when the owners of the club were still in bed then there would be no trouble. They wouldn’t even know who had done it.