Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics advice on a legal matter Reply To: advice on a legal matter

  • Rodney Gold

    April 25, 2007 at 11:38 am

    You cannot repossess unless you have a court order/judgement, even if the property is "yours" in terms of the contact. In effect that clause in your contract is innefective.
    The landlord is responsible for payment as he is unfairly enriched by using your sign. You CAN sue him.
    I would either see a lawyer or just leave it alone , it might not be worth your while. Write it off as a bad debt and get the tax breaks.
    Perhaps parking your van in front of the premises with a BIG poster "THE SIGN IS MINE AND HASNT BEEN PAID FOR" at peak times might get some response.