Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion General Sign Topics ezytaper owners Reply To: ezytaper owners

• Peter Normington

September 16, 2006 at 8:52 pm
    quote Shane Drew:

I’ve got 150 600×600 printed signs, and 20 1200×900 printed signs to lay up on corflute tomorrow. Doing these by hand would be a nightmare.

I have printed 6 600×600 per sheet and I’ll flood coat onto a 1830×1220 corflutes then trim with my keencut. The 2 x 1200×900 are the same.

As far as having to use it every day to justify the purchase, the machines versatility means that you find many opportunities to put it to action.

I lay up magnetic signs, thru to 1200×2400 flood coats, not to mention the laminating that gets done most days.

It was easily the best $4500 I have spent on machinery in the last year, in terms of making my life easier.

The thing to remember is that, once you’ve got one, you will not shy away from those jobs you may have thought too big for a one man band in the past.

Just my opinion, but if you can lease one for 20 quid ($50) it would be easy to justify the expense in a normal working environment.

just my 2c’s anyway.

Shane,
    correct me if I’m wrong, but for these quantities, I would have thought screen printing direct to corro would be the most cost effective, or at least using a direct to corro printer, dont want to argue costs, but to lease a machine just because it makes life easier, is not a good argument. Any business outlay must be converted to the profit it will produce, So if you want to produce lots of cheap corro boards, my advice would be to lease a machine or equipment that prints direct, and do away with mounting.

Just thinking aloud,

Peter