- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 2:47 pm
So, who’s staying up tonight to watch?
10.00pm Sky Sports 1
I might be a little late for work in the morning. 😀
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 3:19 pm
What, the Stupid Bowl?
Hey if the Steelers ain’t in it I ain’t watching.
The best part about the whole thing is the commercials, anyway!
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 4:00 pm
Well, the Steelers weren’t good enough this season. 🙂
Neither were Green Bay. 🙁
Never mind. I’ll make do with what we got.
We don’t get your commercials. We have to put up with our own boring offerings.
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 4:24 pm
I still can’t believe The Packers missed their chance. There’s really nothing to cheer for today. That said, football is football and the venue is at least warm. I bloody near got hypothermia watching that semi final…. just watching it on TV. 🙂 I’ve been at ball games when it was that cold, we North American’s must be completely nutters.
Now The Steelers I could cheer for Jilly.
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 4:47 pm
GO PATS :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 6:05 pmquote Peter Mindham:
It’s a good job you’ve not got an early start tomorrow Peter. 😀
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 8:30 pm
Too true, I would probably just stay up and leave early to beat the M6 traffic 😀
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 9:04 pmquote John Childs:
:no1: (sleep) (sleep) (sleep)
John I’d rather paint my house and watch it dry.
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 10:16 pmquote Martin Cole:
Don’t do that Martin. Come and paint mine instead. 😛
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 10:24 pm
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 10:48 pm
I’d rather watch some good Jane Austin videos on British TV.
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 10:48 pm
not a fave of mine………………..id rather watch hugh potter go fishing :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
you know im kidding hugh eh 😉
- MemberFebruary 3, 2008 at 11:04 pm
wheres Garry and the 2 Allan’s
- MemberFebruary 4, 2008 at 8:48 am
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :doh: :doh:
- MemberFebruary 4, 2008 at 9:52 am
We wuz robbed. 🙁
- MemberFebruary 7, 2010 at 11:31 pm
Ah well, here we are in front of the tv again.
Whiskey bottle, smokes and salty snacks to hand.
Heart says New Orleans, but head says Indianapolis.
Don’t expect me in work very early tomorrow. 😀
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 12:10 am
I kinda want Nawlins to win too John.
I still really want to go there (but not in the next few weeks/Mardi Gras)
Last year was great, we had the City of Champions (and the Pirates)
Still smarting about the Caps kicking the Pens’ butts today.
On the whole, however, I agree with Nik about watching Hugh.
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 12:15 amquote John Childs:
BBC1 Here… just turned it on, never seen american football so clear on tv!
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 12:25 amquote Dave Rowland:
Check the date Dave. BBC1 here too this year.
Think I need to ease up a bit on the whiskey though, or I won’t make it to the end. 😛
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 12:28 amquote Dave Rowland:
Yeah, you’re right Dave I hadn’t noticed.
Perhaps our American cousins have moved off their old 525 line standard.
HDTV is upon us. 😛
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 12:38 am
its on beeb, not seen NFL on beeb before….
im not supporting any side but that was a good run… 4th and 1.5 to goal, 2 minute warning now i think… so on break…. not really seen any football for years
correction, now 4th and goal with a few yards
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 1:02 am
The Who !
BBC1 superbowl right now
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 1:20 amquote Dave Rowland:
Yeah, and weren’t they diabolical?
Why does the NFL think it good to dig up time expired entertainers for the half time show?
Although never a fan, I thought The Who were good in their day. But how can I tell my kids that the sixties were a cool time to live through if they think that tonight’s performance is what we listened to?
It was an embarrassment, and they should hang up their guitars. 🙁
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 4:48 am
We had a nice group of folks over today. only two of us were cheering for NO, but we had the last laugh. It was a good game, and as usual, I ate and drank more than enough. Some of the commercials were good. Danica is very fine. I bet the French Quarter is rocking tonight.
- MemberFebruary 8, 2010 at 10:42 am
And the equal biggest comeback in Superbowl history, from 10 points down at the end of the first quarter.
I’m pleased, partly because I’m British, and we always like to see the underdogs win. But mainly for the people of New Orleans, who needed a boost in their efforts to rebuild their city after the events of five years ago. I’m sure I read somewhere that the population of the city is still only 25% of what it was prior to Hurricane Katrina.
- MemberFebruary 9, 2010 at 3:28 am
Loved the game!!! Got to a bud’s home at 6.50 am for the start and loved every bit of it. Very exciting…Especially when mate’s wife delivered the first beers at 7.45 :lol1:
- MemberFebruary 12, 2010 at 12:45 pm
can’t understand the rules to the game myself. If its not aussie rules it just pretend football to me.
John if the Poms like the underdog, you’ll be wanting australia to win the cricket then?
- MemberFebruary 12, 2010 at 1:00 pmquote Shane Drew:
There are limits. 😀
- MemberFebruary 12, 2010 at 11:46 pmquote John Childs:
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Log in to reply.