Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Cutter Discussion Summa Cutters Summa D160 random cutting

• Summa D160 random cutting

David Rogers updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Tomas_V

May 13, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Hi,
    looking for a way to get our old Summa D160 is cutting seeming in random.
    If it a small job it would be fine, but when it rolls back and forth to cut letter and symbols in random order then it takes time and often ends up damaging vinyl.
    Our main rip – Caldera has no setting.
    Tried cutting through Gerber Omega, tire changing some setting (directional, start point) didnt help.
    Have WinPlot installed, are there more settings there?
    Ho to set it so that it cuts in rows 🙂

• Hugh Potter

May 14, 2020 at 9:25 pm

I think in WinPlot (which I use as a plug-in from CorelDRAW), there are settings to reduce media movement, without checking I’m unsure which but you can look.

I think that in the same settings are options to ‘cut in order’, which means that the plotter will cut the lines in the order and direction in which they were created, which if you’re nesting work / several jobs together, can make for interesting plotting distances!!

I’m no expert / user of the other softwares so can’t help there I’m afraid.

Does it do this on every cut file? with all software you’ve tried? I’ve occasionally had issues on end of rolls or stiffer materials when cutting, the tight curve of the material doesn’t sit smoothly over the cutting area and raises up… jaggedy nasty cuts / gauges can occur.

• David Rogers

May 15, 2020 at 12:34 am

Usually this is a result of a coms error…have seen it do random lines…even had it spool out a full roll with the blade down in the middle. Not done it in years but every plotter I’ve had has done it at some point.

Check all of the parameters are right and that the machine and software match.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now