Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Cutter Discussion Summa Cutters Summa D120R, what is the value?

• Summa D120R, what is the value?

Andy Taylor updated 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Andy Taylor

July 9, 2020 at 7:29 pm

Hi Long time since I frequented here but I have a simple question. Whats the rough price of a second hand D120R and how do I find out how old it is.

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    July 10, 2020 at 5:43 am

Buying any machine is like buying a car, it will depend on the age and condition of the machine, as well as whatever the seller is looking for it.

I am sure you will be able to email Summa, give them a model number and they will be able to tell you when that version, or maybe even batch of the machine was made. However, that too does not go for much. It will be down to how well the machine has been kept and how much it has been used.

8 years ago… I sold a 54inch wide, 6-year-old, Graphtec Cutter to a customer of mine for £1000 (different industry). The machine was heavily used but well kept and maintained.
    We were installing large signs for this same customer just last week. In his workshop i saw the cutter and smiled, saying “that’s last well!” his reply was…
    “That was the cheapest and best machine I have ever bought. It runs every day of the week and has never broken down once. nor has it had a service or any other attention other than what I told him to do when he bought it.”

Summas are also well-built machines, but the condition and how well it has been maintained is what will determine an asking price, not necessarily the age.

• Andy Taylor

July 20, 2020 at 12:03 pm

Cheers Robert. This was a used cutter from where my son works. He did a few days work for a guy and kindly accepted the cutter (as payment) for me to use as they have in house cutting and recently took delivery of a print and cut so this cutter was not needed.

He had a bit of bad luck recently and his Nissan Sylvia was written of in the floods while it was in for paint (17 cars got written off) . Anyway he purchased a Skyline as a replacement but the engine was worse than expected and I feel it would be more use to get some cash for him as I only use my cutters as Toys and the width of the Suma is overkill. Engien needs a full rebuild sadly 🙁

In all honesty its was very very dusty but cleaned off nicely inside and out. What lets it down is the cut marks in the gulley where vinyl is sliced after cutting. It has a lot of marks in the paint!
      Its hard to find second hand ones on ebay to price check what its worth and I dont want to give it away or rip anyone off so I checked the age with summa agents and the guy I spoke to reckoned it could be worth 2k but I was very surprised at that and thought I would check the real world. 🙂

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now