Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters SP300V Printing issues with ghosting/banding/separation of colours

• SP300V Printing issues with ghosting/banding/separation of colours

• Gareth J Jones

May 17, 2019 at 9:18 am

Hi I’m hoping someone might be able to help me out, I’m new to large format printing, and have just bought a second hand roland sp300v. I’m having issues with the print, where the red and blue (maybe black too) are not aligned as the should be. I’ve done the bi directional calibration, and everything is lined up on there, and also a print test, with no drop outs. Now I’m stuck.
    I’ve attached an image to show the problem I’m having, with the image I’m printing on the left, and the result of the print on the right.
    As you can see in the printout, there is a red line to the left of the print (which shouldn’t be there), and a blue line to the right of the print (circled). Also, the white line is supposed to be evenly spaced around the lettering, but on the printout, it looks like it’s offset.
    Any help or advice would be welcome.
    Thanks in advance!

Gareth

Attachments:

• Joe Killeen

May 17, 2019 at 10:13 am

Looks like a dirty or faulty encoder strip I am sure you will find a YouTube video on cleaning it, only use soapy water on it.

• Gareth J Jones

May 17, 2019 at 11:03 am

Great, thanks Joe, that’s something I haven’t tried, I’ll have a look into that next :thumbsup:

• Jason Davies

May 19, 2019 at 5:54 pm

I’d second that, be careful with it but it probably has some dust on it. I believe you can turn them upside down with a few adjustments.

• Gareth J Jones

May 20, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Ok, firstly, thanks for the suggestions guys!
    I’ve attempted a clean of the encoder strip, but had the same print results. I’ve then looked into this a bit further, and tried suggestions of turning the encoder strip over, followed by the linear encoder setup. Again, I’ve had exactly the same print results. Any other ideas? :bangshead:

• Myriam Garrido

May 20, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Potentially a head alignment issue Gareth. Would be good to post a nozzle test. Print quality look a bit poor generally to be honest

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now