Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters Small problem with cto630

• Small problem with cto630

• lukasz Kapuscinski

April 2, 2016 at 6:32 pm

hello everyone. my name is lukasz im beginner, just bought some time ago (3 weeks) plotter pcut cto 630. im using windows 7 with flexisign pro 10. Im cutting small skins for different devices. im facing problem and i belive you can help me.

so first thing i cant understand is that the blade inside blade holder is not moving (rotating)so when you cut on the sharp edge of the knife its fine but then its cuting and blade its on the side and its ripping vinyl?? i dont know if this is make any sens?

i did some pictures my english in not great so i dont know if you can understand what i mean.

so the second picture is when i think its "ripping" winyl because side of the knife is not as sharp as front of the blade.

but anyway my settings

offset 0.30
    overcut 0.60
    pressure 105

cutting vinyl (carbon) and then if you can see pictures……….

https://goo.gl/photos/wg5HazR2vxE1UgNEA
    https://goo.gl/photos/B3P1bvEoXsoic5ed9

so can anyone can give me advise what to do?

thanks for your support

waiting for your help.

• Phill Fenton

April 2, 2016 at 7:57 pm
    quote lukasz Kapuscinski:

so first thing i cant understand is that the blade inside blade holder is not moving (rotating)so when you cut on the sharp edge of the knife its fine but then its cuting and blade its on the side and its ripping vinyl?? i dont know if this is make any sens?

You have correctly identified the problem. The blade should rotate within the holder – if it isn’t it won’t be acting in the way it was designed to operate (i.e as a drag knife). Try removing the blade from the blade holder and examine it carefully to identify why it isn’t turning freely in the holder.

• lukasz Kapuscinski

April 2, 2016 at 10:37 pm

Hi I did checked there was small bit of vinyl, I changed the blade for new one and it’s rotating now very easy but still same problem with my cuts. One edge it’s always not precise like you saw on the pictures.

Are my settings are correct? I also have a sign pro on my mac and same problem.
    Maybe this plotter is not precise enough for this job but I’m cutting quite big object it’s 14 cm x 7cm with round corners.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong saving my vector in adobe illustrator as .ai files? And then opening them in flexible? Maybe I should use corel??

I’m totally confuses…

Please any thoughts??

Thanks

• lukasz Kapuscinski

April 4, 2016 at 12:50 pm

? Anyone

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now