Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland SP300V Black Head Issue

• Roland SP300V Black Head Issue

John Thomson updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 49 Posts
  • Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 3, 2021 at 10:46 am

we all want perfection, but surely that’s running perfectly good prints at that?

• Robert Neill

September 3, 2021 at 11:04 am

Hi Robert…. it is OK, but not perfect, still got some slight banding. Maybe it’s just me, expecting to much from an old machine

• Jamie Wood

September 3, 2021 at 2:22 pm

We tried several different brands of 3rd party inks when we had our Mimakis. Without exception, they were all crap, with multiple issues. As soon as we swapped back to OEM ink, the problems disappeared. My advice would be to use OEM ink, and adjust your prices accordingly.

• Kevin Mahoney

September 6, 2021 at 8:42 am

At this point Robert, the printer works. An engineer will cost you around £350 + vat for the day & he will probably tell you your ink is the culprit. Before the engineer visit, why not stump up £300ish & get a new set of genuine ink cartridges just to eliminate the ink?

• Robert Neill

September 6, 2021 at 8:51 am

Hi Kevin…. yeah that is prob a good shout. I take it I would have to flush the other ink completely out of the printer in some sort of way yeah ?

Regards

• Robert Neill

September 6, 2021 at 8:59 am

Also…. any recommendations of where to buy from ?

• Kevin Mahoney

September 6, 2021 at 11:10 am

yeah, you’ll need to do a full flush to rule out the old ink from the root of the problem, Josero sell genuine Roland cartridges

• Robert Neill

September 10, 2021 at 3:55 pm

Hi Guys…. just a wee update if anyone is interested…. the attached image is where my print test is now after changing hoses, manifold and several nights head soaks. Far better than what it was from the original test print 😀, thanks for all your help.

Regards

• Kevin Mahoney

September 10, 2021 at 4:56 pm

That’ll be £650 pounds please

• Robert Neill

September 10, 2021 at 5:04 pm

Bargain…. i was almost purchasing another new head lol. Just need to get shot of the slight banding now… i am such a perfectionist, so its killing me 😩

Thanks Kevin

Regards

• Kevin Mahoney

September 11, 2021 at 5:42 am

Pleasure mate, I’m prescribing a bitter pill, 4 Roland cartridges & a small increase on your prices should sort you out

• John Thomson

September 11, 2021 at 10:24 am

Looking much better now.

Banding is now probably down to head alignment.

John

Viewing 31 - 38 of 38 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now