Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland SP300 Feed Issue

• Roland SP300 Feed Issue

Posted by Graeme Dingwall on December 7, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Hi Guys n Gals,

I am at a loss my SP300 has developed this annoying fault!!!

When I do a print and cut job over 1mtr the machine is struggling to find the 3rd crop mark the machine is looking for it approximately 50mm in front of where is it.

I have had to go into the service menu and change the calib-default to it’s maximum and then it finds the crop marks but after a while it develops the fault again until I mess with the calib-default again.

Does anybody have any idea what would cause this I am thinking it is maybe the feed motor but I am just guessing.

Help Please 😁

Kevin Mahoney replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Kevin Mahoney

December 7, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Hi Graeme, have you cleaned the scanning eye underneath the head carriage?

Or possibly a good clean up of the encoder strip?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Kevin Mahoney.
    • Graeme Dingwall

December 7, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Yeah cleaned both, I’m finding it weird that it works then after a bit it doesn’t work.

Another thing I did notice was when I sheet cut it is not going forward as much as it normally does as it is cutting through the registration marks just a little bit but never used to do that.

• Kevin Mahoney

December 7, 2020 at 11:21 pm

I would have a guess at the feed motor maybe but I’d probably have resorted to an engineer after cleaning everything to be honest. Who do you use for service & repair?

• Graeme Dingwall

December 8, 2020 at 6:33 am

Yeah to be honest I don’t have an engineer as I have always managed to maintain it myself. I’m based in Aberdeen so there is a not any engineers local that I know of.

• Kevin Mahoney

December 8, 2020 at 7:38 am

Try Andy Malcolm from ADM Services on 07921 380282, he often goes as far as Iceland & Antigua to repair printers so Aberdeen won’t worry him. He’s a very genuine guy too & could possibly talk you through a diy repair if he can