Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussion Roland Printers Old Soljet pro iisc545ex heads not printing

• Old Soljet pro iisc545ex heads not printing

M Brown updated 21 hours, 10 minutes ago 3 Members · 9 Posts
  • M Brown

October 9, 2020 at 3:27 pm

My old work horse Soljet Pro ii sc545ex stopped printing bank “B” yellow and black heads not printing. Would this be a fuse problem on the head board?

It was all working fine, I can pull ink through the lines and new dampers have filled with ink.

Would anyone have a service manual I had them as a PDF but I can’t find the files

Mark

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    October 9, 2020 at 8:18 pm

it could be a pump that’s has gone or maybe a split tube, so your losing vacuum?

• M Brown

October 10, 2020 at 9:56 am

the pumps are working fine, all three pumps are pulling ink through. I’vegot a ohm meter on order to check the fuse to bank B which is black and yellow. I’m hoping it’s the fuse on the board and I’ll just change it.

It’s just odd that two heads in the same bank has stopped working. I had to order in some prints yesterday that I’ve not done for 15 years.

Does anyone know of a good trade supplier for prints if I can’t get my machine printing again.

Mark

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    October 10, 2020 at 12:42 pm

If your sure the pumps are fine.

Look for little air bubbles in the plastic tubes between the pump and the capping stations.
    if they have air or not full when pumping in process, you have a loss of pressure between the pump and the capping station. so could be as simple as a split line which can happen over time due to the solvent affecting the tubes and making brittle. it’s a cheap “part” fix but the labour side of it is not so easy to change it.

• M Brown

October 10, 2020 at 12:53 pm

If that was the case, do you think at least some nozzels would fire on the 2 heads. Inklines have ink in both the yellow and black lines Flushed

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    October 10, 2020 at 1:20 pm

the ink line should be a solid colour. no air bubbles or breaks in the ink at all.
    This “can be visible” on the lines at the pumps when they are not pulling ink through.
    if a head has blocked nozzles, you tend to see some firing. not a complete stop.

it also doesn’t normally appear instantly. maybe after a weekend shutdown or lack of use.

I always found it as an elimination process of each stage to find your fault, from the damper, manifold, head, capping station, pump lines, pumps.
    other than the pump and head, the rest are plastic parts, relatively cheap and most vulnerable to progressive deterioration due to solvent. so it’s best to double-check each part before you get to the service guy call out and hefty costing parts.

It’s been many years since I had a Soljet, I’m doing this from memory. Face With Raised Eyebrow

I always kept some spares in stock just in case. Manifold, dampers, tubing etc. Not that i needed it much at all, i just mean its worthwhile holding some stock. if you have them, they can really pull you out a hole rather than having to wait on a service engineer tell you it was something you could have fixed yourself, after your machines been down a few days.
    Places like Josero are a UK stockist of these type of things http://www.joserospares.com

• M Brown

October 23, 2020 at 2:24 pm

Thanks Robert, I’ll have a look at the link. I’ve always got spare manifolds and dampers in stock, but not fuses

• Chris Wool

October 12, 2020 at 9:51 pm

If that was the case, do you think at least some nozzles would fire on the 2 heads. Inklines have ink in both the yellow and black lines

if not one nozzle firing on both heads guess fuse first but the question is if fuse what blew it?
    don’t buy just buy one fuse, they are plenty cheap enough.
    if you have changed dampers did you spill ink on the print board or cables or was dampers done after the heads stopped printing?

• This reply was modified 5 days, 9 hours ago by  Robert Lambie.
    • M Brown

October 23, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Hi Chris,

I’ve got some new fuses to put in buy havent got round to it yet. I need to work out how to take the top off the machine without doing more damage. My soljet is a converted machine and has a big black box on top that powers the heaters. I can’t see how its attached grrr..

Mark

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now