- MemberJuly 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm
hi i remember seeing a long tape measure that was able to go up high and not bend back i thought it was jag but nope, can anyone help me where to source them thanks 😉
- MemberJuly 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm
stanley fatmax range
- MemberJuly 13, 2012 at 11:26 pmquote Nicola McIntosh:
I would like to add to this a wish list of my own.
1. A tape measure that doesn’t fall over when extended on a horizontal surface.
2. A tape measure that has the scale on both sides
3. A tape measure who’s body is SQUARE so when you add the length of the body, you know where the end is meant to be. A CURVED BACK DOES NOT HELP.
4. A tape measure who’s body is 100mm, not some random amount to add to the total, like 81mm or 53mm. Who remembers that?
5. A tape measure who’s millimeters are alternatively red and black, so it is easy to read it. Black for even and red for odd, maybe.
6. I have so many more! I curse every time I use one of the current useless crop of lousy tape measures available.
Thanks for bringing this up, Nicola. Probably our most important tool, and outrageously badly designed for the job.
- MemberJuly 14, 2012 at 8:40 amquote Simon Worrall:
I agree, my Bahco tape has measurements on both sides, has a magnetic end and only recoils when you press the button.
- MemberJuly 14, 2012 at 11:01 am
Best I’ve found is a 5m Fat Max which will extend 4m horizontally without support and I just got to 4.5m vertically before the wind got it.
Log in to reply.