Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussion Mimaki Printers Mimaki CJV30 – 130 Printer, colour drop-out. advice please?

• Mimaki CJV30 – 130 Printer, colour drop-out. advice please?

Jamie Wood updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 12 Posts
  • John McNickle

May 24, 2018 at 7:59 am

Hi everyone, i just wanted to ask if anyone else had a drop out issue with the above machine? ive had mine from new 2 1/2 years ago, it has always had a colour banding and drop out issue but the company that sold it to me ran the warranty up by tarting it up and getting it going for a few months then the issues would re appear

1. it will be printing brilliantly for 2 mtrs then drop a colour, always around 2-3 mtrs, never from a head strike, so you cant really walk away from it,

2. it takes crazy amounts of head fills and hard cleans to get any joy

ive had the company who supplied it send 3 different engineers on mabey 8 different times, my own engineer every other month and a hybrid engineer all looking at it, they all do a wee bit and get it going well but a few weeks later its the same issue, basically i think i was sold a lemon and they ran the warranty up to screw me over instead of get mimaki to replace it

it has been returned to carts as they thought it was a bulk issue, its had chips repaced, its had a capping station etc on last service and if i see another F’ing damper appear for it ill swing for the guy, it runs on sun chemical inks and they have let themselves down too but that is another story, i just wanted to see if anyone else had this type of issue and did they get it sorted?

basically it costs near as much on balls ups as it makes

i dont think ill ever touch another Mimaki machine or sun chemical inks because of this and a supplier has lost my trade through it

• David Gwyndaf Povah

May 24, 2018 at 11:21 am

Hi

could this be down to the media feed amount setting being wrong?

David

• John McNickle

May 24, 2018 at 3:12 pm

Hi David do you know what a proper setting could be?

thanks

• David Gwyndaf Povah

May 24, 2018 at 3:21 pm

hi

no i dont know the proper setting but i think it depends on the media etc

see the link posted it shows you how to fiddle with it till you set it right your self i never tended to start messing with this sort of stuff usually it had something to do with profile i was using.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/92181 … ml?page=45

Hope this helps its been a while since i used a mimaki latex is the way forward!!

• David Gwyndaf Povah

May 24, 2018 at 3:25 pm

also a quick thought i had bad probems on cjv-130 with banding and in the end it was down to the take up having to much tension on it , it only effected certain media not all… you’ve probably tried this im guessing

hope any of this rambling helps!

• John McNickle

May 24, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Cheers David, this is happening me even without the take up being used, it seems to print great for a few mtrs then drops a colour and that job is to the bin, also with how thirsty the mimakis are when cleaning etc it is costing me a fortune, ive been looking into latex but im a bit scared by it where they say they go through heads fast and i dont know ink costs etc

• Stafford Cox

May 24, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I am assuming you’re running it in a 2 x CMYK configuration? If so, have you tried pulling out one set of CMYK so it’s running just on the left for example. Run a job and see if it drops out. If it does, try plugging them back in and pulling the other side CMYK in and run the same. That way you’ve eliminated the M6 valves and solenoids on the back of the cartridge assemblies. If that fails, post on here again and we’ll eliminate the next bit….

Stafford

• Chris Wilson

May 24, 2018 at 7:28 pm

We had a similar issue. We thought as did Roland that it was a dampener.

All the same things though. Engineer sent up, all fixed, runs fine for 24hrs and then back to it. Eventually we could get our machine to run for a week if we did a powerful clean before each print. Otherwise the blue would just drop out.

Roland decided it was old or dried ink in the lines. So they were replaced.
    That was 3 months ago. No issue since.

• John McNickle

May 28, 2018 at 7:55 am

cheers guys, yes Stafford im running 2+cmyk and only one set in at the moment to see what it does but ill keep you posted, thanks again for every ones input, last week the machine was going in the tide 🙁

• Pete mitchell

March 28, 2020 at 7:58 am

I know it’s an old thread but wondering if this got sorted. Same issue here in my Mimaki CJV30 printer.

• John McNickle

March 30, 2020 at 11:14 am
    quote Pete mitchell:

I know it’s an old thread but wondering if this got sorted. Same issue here in my Mimaki CJV30 printer.

Hi Peter the issue was sun chemical inks, switched it back to oem and havent had an issue since, running 30mtrs with no drop out etc, the sun magenta is the main problem

John

• Jamie Wood

March 31, 2020 at 8:00 am

We had the same problem on our JV33. If you’re running 3rd party ink, switch back to OEM.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now