Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics laminator hot or cold 60Oc or 120oC

• laminator hot or cold 60Oc or 120oC

• Patrick Donaghey

June 8, 2021 at 8:18 pm

is a laminator witha heat assisited roller to 60oC good enough for digital wraps or would i need to go for the 120oC laminator any advice helpful

• Chris Wilson

June 8, 2021 at 8:24 pm

We stick at 40 degrees which am pretty sure is what Omar told us to do.. but reading your post am now seconded guessing and thinking I miss heard.

It does get rid of the slivering or sivering or whatever it is. Those tiny micro bubbles that settle if it’s cold anyway after a day or a few hours

• Patrick Donaghey

June 8, 2021 at 9:30 pm

thansk Chris for the reply my supplier in ireland has the xlam laminator looks exact same as the mounters mate , I would have bought a mounters mate but shipping to ireland isnt the easiset thing in the world with brexit

• David Hammond

June 9, 2021 at 4:41 am

I’d have thought 60 would be more than enough.

Too hot and there’s a chance you may stretch or distort the vinyl or laminate causing issues down the line.

Until recently we had a cold laminator no issues, we occasionally use a bit of heat on the new Mounters Mate.

Thinking about it, is the hotter temperature not for encapsulation?

• Patrick Donaghey

June 9, 2021 at 7:59 am

thanks David thats what i thought , when i researched the temperatures of laminating digital prints I found very little info.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now