Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussion General Printing Topics L26500 colour issues and icc profile

• L26500 colour issues and icc profile

• Darren Beddow

February 19, 2020 at 6:56 pm

Some help please! I’m at my wits end…New to the world of large format printing and just cant seem to get consistent colour on any media. I’ve managed a vibrant set of colour once on a banner using a generic wasatch profile and adjusting the saturation and contrast in my sai rip but now for the life of me i can’t match. I’ve downloaded all the available profiles i can find i was hoping one of you may know a place to download decent icc profiles or give me a work around, I’m lost when it comes to gamuts etc etc so laymens terms if you could :awkward: :thumbsup:

• Hugh Potter

February 19, 2020 at 8:23 pm

are you on genuine inks?

what other materials are you putting through?

I print the majority of regular vinyls using HP’s generic glossy vinyl profile. perfect every time.

cheap media not suitable for latex can often be an issue.

• Darren Beddow

February 19, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Hi Hugh, Yes genuine inks in date. I’ve run vinyl, banner material and 50/50 poly/cotton canvas. Prints always seem "washed out" and not quite as vibrant. Ive been using detape vinyl digital print vinyl, hexis 440gsm banner and Paris canvas from grafityp. I used a generic hp for the first banner i printed and it come out mint but still wet.

• Hugh Potter

February 19, 2020 at 10:22 pm

You need to be 100% sure that the banner is spec’d for latex, particularly the older latex like you (and I) have. same with any material, many will say "yes it works on latex" but in reality they’re just solvent films that might work.

I don’t know what your end user / price points are but try a higher grade material, polymeric at least, something like metamark MD5 or an avery / oracal / hexis equivalent, you should be able to get a 2/3/5m sample.

I’m only familiar with onyx rip but there should be options to change heater settings, make sure they pre heat 50+, post heat 55 and cure 100, or there abouts (from memory)

• Darren Beddow

February 20, 2020 at 6:59 pm

I really appreciate the feed back Hugh, i’ll definitely try higher quality media. I’ll definitely try the metamark, ive been itching to try the brand for a while and this seems a perfect excuse. Thanks again

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now