Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics HP Latex R2000 Printer

• HP Latex R2000 Printer

Jamie Wood updated 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Posts
  • David McDonald

September 5, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Hi All

Does anyone on the boards operate an R2000 hybrid (or R1000) HP latex printer?

We are keen to get some real user feedback on the kit.

Cheers

Dave

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 5, 2021 at 9:58 pm

They look like amazing machines, David. Would be good to hear some real-world feedback from a user.
    Specialized Signs in Edinburgh are registered on here and we did wrap training for their team a few years ago, they purchased the HP R1000 about a year and a half ago. With any luck, they may see your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBs8odiMiIM

• Jamie Wood

September 6, 2021 at 7:48 am

The company where my brother works has one of these. One of their comments was that they can’t print thin (220 micron) PVC on it, as the material cockles from the heat. My brother did say that there were some other issues which they were not told about. I’ll see if I can get more info.

• David McDonald

September 6, 2021 at 6:45 pm

Hi Rob, they seem incredibly impressive pieces of kit. I’m just weighing up investment options and the direction we want to move the company in, and we’re used to latex and are happy with its benefits and accept some minor limitations.

Jamie that would be great if you can obtain any more feedback. I’m all ears. This would be a big step for us if we went down this route and we couldn’t risk getting something that didn’t earn its keep from day one.

Cheers

Dave

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 6, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Have you had a flatbed before David, or buying it to cater for a particular order/customer?

• David McDonald

September 7, 2021 at 6:26 am

Hi rob

We’ve had an Arizona for 5 years and HP latex roll printers longer. We’d be getting rid of the flatbed as it’s getting on a bit and too slow and can’t take 10ft sheets, The R2000 might be beyond our reach and it might be we look at something else.

Cheers

• Jamie Wood

September 9, 2021 at 8:03 am

Had a quick chat with my brother, and he says that although they are mostly happy with the machine, there are a few issues, and it’s not as perfect as the reps make it seem.

There are certain materials which they can’t print, but were told they could – 220 micron PVC, which they do a lot of, 3mm foamex is right on the limit, with the edges starting to cockle with heat. Correx and 5mm foamex are OK. It’s good for long runs, not so good for shorts runs, as there is a lot of faffing to get it set up. Print quality is very good. I think for the money, I might look at VuTek or similar.

• David McDonald

September 9, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Thanks Jamie

Very useful input.

We do print on 200 microns embossed PVC on an existing latex roll printer and its tricky but we’ve managed to tweak everything so it works but requires extra cooling fans and a dehumidifier – so yes a tricky one with heat. That printer staying though and I can’t see we’d want to print the media again apart from this one project so not a worry. However, 3mm, a big surprise. I’ll be asking questions on that if we continue looking at it.

Also interesting comment about short runs – we have loads of those.

Thanks again

Dave

• Jamie Wood

September 14, 2021 at 8:16 am

One more comment was that the touch screen was quite poor and unresponsive.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now