Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help with my Roland VP540 blue seems to be missing?

• Help with my Roland VP540 blue seems to be missing?

• Patrick Donaghey

February 1, 2020 at 9:26 am

Also who would I contact to fix it

• Martin Cole

February 1, 2020 at 9:37 pm

I’d start with changing the damper first Patrick
    and go from there.

Not a particularly difficult job to do yourself just go careful when prizing from the head manifold.

• Patrick Donaghey

February 2, 2020 at 9:47 am

cheers ill start there thanks

• Kevin Mahoney

February 2, 2020 at 10:32 am

I would start with the least expensive bits first. Was there a head crash or an empty cartridge? (been there recently I’m ashamed to say) Did this get progressively worse or was it overnight? Is the head capping correctly? Have you clamped off the caps & done a head soak? Is it cold where the printer is? Had this issue on many occasions & nearly always recovered the head. I would clean the capping station thoroughly, give the head a soak overnight with flush & draw some ink through with a syringe. A few powerful cleans usually improves it

• David Rogers

February 2, 2020 at 11:43 pm

Capping station not sealing and drawing the ink through during a clean would be my first guess as both halves of the head affected (if ink not present right at the outlet of the piezo nozzles it spits out nothing..then dampers restricting flow.

Manually clean cap and head…then draw some ink through. Perform a few cleans…shouLd get most of it back.

D

• Patrick Donaghey

February 5, 2020 at 11:17 am

thanks guys all sorted and great advice still made me panic and start looking for another printer

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now