Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Epson SC-S40600 (4 colours)) or SC-S80600 Pantone certified (10 coloirs)?

• Epson SC-S40600 (4 colours)) or SC-S80600 Pantone certified (10 coloirs)?

Posted by Pane Talev on June 24, 2022 at 2:30 pm

The Mutoh XpertJet 1641SR that I have is almost 1 year old. – Media cockling is driving me mad.

Epson SC-S40600 (4 colours)) or SC-S80600 Pantone certified (10 coloirs)? (5000£ price difference between them)

Shall I take the bullet or dodge the bullet?

Wayne Fothergill replied 1 month, 1 week ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

Administrator
    June 25, 2022 at 5:13 pm

I am not the best to advise here as I am very happy with our HP latex printers and due for an upgrade which will be Latex again. However, I have only heard good reports regarding the Epson printers, so I don’t think you will be disappointed.

• Jamie Wood

June 27, 2022 at 7:10 am

We’ve got a couple of SC-S80600 printers. They are the best printers we’ve owned, and I can highly recommend them. We got ours from Andy at SEDO, but I guess you’d need to use a dealer in your location. Can’t comment on the SC-S40600, but if you don’t need the colour gamut, then I would think they would be fine.

• Jeff

June 29, 2022 at 10:26 am

I have a mate that owns another sign company and i am sure he has the SCS40600 and loves it.
    i think he has had it since the start of lockdown and any time i am in his place he raves on about it.

• Peter Cassidy

July 1, 2022 at 9:27 am

could it not be the media that is the problem, rather than the printer? i know some materials do not work well in latex machines. perhaps the same problem with mutoh?

• Wayne Fothergill

July 1, 2022 at 12:01 pm

We’ve had an S80600 for 3 years now and it is a fantastic bit of kit. The colour gamut on it never ceases to amaze me and it barely needs any maintenance at all. I can’t recommend it enough.

We just bought an SCR5000 which we had installed last week, again another really nice printer. I can’t see me ever buying anything other than Epson in the future.