Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions Corel Software Corel 2017, increasing memory usage

• Corel 2017, increasing memory usage

Hugh Potter updated 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Posts
  • Hugh Potter

July 29, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Hi All,

how do I increase memory usage / disk usage on corel 2017? continuoulsly crashing when trying to add a drop shadow.. suspect it’s the customers artwork but want to try increasing first.

Win 10 pro.

thanks,
    Hugh

• Hugh Potter

July 29, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Argh, every time I try to use drop shadow, and then change colour of the shadow, it crashes.. any ideas?

No doubt it’s doing this because they’re pushing the latest version hard!

• Colin Crabb

July 29, 2019 at 3:30 pm

I think Corel removed the old function (Options – performance – Memory) to increase memory usage & scratch disk space for some very very stupid reason.

You’ll need to increase the virtual memory via windows

• Hugh Potter

July 29, 2019 at 4:21 pm

thanks Colin,

Any idea where I do that? Or why it’s suiciding itself every time I try to add dropshadow?

• Chris Windebank

July 29, 2019 at 6:56 pm

email it over Hugh, can take a quick look

• Hugh Potter

July 30, 2019 at 11:01 am
    quote Chris Windebank:

email it over Hugh, can take a quick look

Thank you for the offer Chris,

The customer has accepted the artwork without the drop shadow, they never knew about it anyway! I had a ‘name in lights’ type of font and wanted a glow in front of the lights, just keeps crashing..

I did come in to a "restart using original boot disks" yesterday but a simple off/on cured that and it booted right, unsure what’s going on as the old laptop manages – albeit slowly!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now