Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions Adobe Software Contour Cutting in Illustrator, Graphtec fc8000 75, hp8000s

• Contour Cutting in Illustrator, Graphtec fc8000 75, hp8000s

Alex Pirozek updated 10 years ago 6 Members · 12 Posts
  • Daniel Crank

October 12, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Hi
    I have never contour cut before and wondered if anyone here be able to talk an idiot through the process of this using illustrator, a graphtec fc8000 75 and my hp 8000s to contour cut.
    Im currently using the illustrator plug in which seems to have the reg marks option in there..

I just dont know where to start with this.
    Thanks
    Dan

• Daniel Crank

October 13, 2010 at 3:30 pm

16 views and no answer, please please help…

Thanks
    Dan

• Chris Wool

October 13, 2010 at 4:24 pm

i don’t use ilylisrateriser so can’t help sorry

• Peter Normington

October 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm

which rip are you using?

Peter

• David Rowland

October 13, 2010 at 5:32 pm

That might help, some expensive kit there, would have thought u had training when u bought it

• Chris Wool

October 13, 2010 at 6:11 pm

thanks for that dave and have to say what a awful system roland rocks

i have only recently started to use the arms system on my graphtec and devised my own way, which is working very well for a specialized job.
    but could not live with it day to day.

but when you start to understand what the potter is doing and you create the files needed it does have nice touches over the roland but only when you do batches.

have to say that all the questions that are coming up seams like the wrong plotter for the jobs, you are trying to do with it

• Peter Normington

October 13, 2010 at 6:46 pm

quote Dave Rowland:That might help, some expensive kit there, would have thought u had training when u bought it

what a long-winded way of doing things, signlab can do all that in about 3 clicks

Peter

• Alex Pirozek

February 26, 2011 at 6:54 am

Without sounding dumb, but how easy is it to pounce cut (or die cut as its known i think) on this machine (FC8000), do you have to have a seperate cut layer in corel for the cut layer and use the pounce tool in a different position. I will be using Corel with the cutting master 2 plug in.
    I don’t normally contour cut even with my CE3000 with the OPOS because i find it not accurate enough especially on small decals but I’m thinking of upgrading to the FC8000 because the accuracy??

Alex.

• Jason Xuereb

February 26, 2011 at 8:40 am

This is how I do it.

Open your artwork in Adobe Illustrator.
    Create a new layer and put your cut line on this layer.
    Goto File -> Cutting Master -> Registration marks.

Add the type 1 or type 2 registration marks (which ever ones are setup on your machine).

Hide the cut layer and save out the file as an EPS.
    Hide the artwork layer and show the cut layer and save it as another eps.

Print the artwork.eps in Roland Versaworks.

Load the media into your Graphtec.

For die cutting put your blade holder in tool position 3 and set your condition to use the tool as tool position 3. Set your cut line correctly for your media.

Open your cut.eps in Illustrator and cut this using cutting master 2.

Nothing to it.

• Alex Pirozek

February 26, 2011 at 9:42 am

Thanks Jason for the speedy answer, i imagine it will be the same in Corel using different layers etc.
    So does it use the std cutting blade holder (as used for vinyl cutting) but in a different position or a different tool in a different position to die cut or pounce cut?
    Sorry for all the questions but I’ve not purchased the machine yet and can’t understand the user guide in places to be sure.

Alex.

• Jason Xuereb

February 26, 2011 at 10:00 am

You can use the standard blue tip blade holder in position 3.

I prefer to use the red tip with the bigger blades for die cutting. They last longer.

I have a Roland XC540 which prints and cuts and let me tell you once you get going with the FC8000 you won’t go back.

• Alex Pirozek

February 27, 2011 at 9:11 am

Thanks Jason,
    I’m sure once you get your head around the menu structure and settings of the FC8000 it should be fine and better than the CE3000, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with my CE3000.. i just need the accuracy that comes with the added die cut feature.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now