Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussion Mimaki Printers Banner Printing with Mimaki CJV30-130

• Banner Printing with Mimaki CJV30-130

Kevin Beck updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 8 Posts
  • Kevin Beck

April 22, 2020 at 2:51 pm

Hi Guys
    forgive my ignorance for this post.
    I have taken over a business and inherited a CJV30-130. It prints fine except for banner material. It seems that no matter what you do the material will bunch up whilst printing to the extent that is causes head strikes.. You can even see the material buckling on the heater platen when loaded
    Banner material is Hexis White Matt Smooth 440grm Banner. Heater temp is PRE 36 PRT 36 POST 40 with an ambient room temp of 24.
    Any help much appreciated.

• Jamie Wood

April 22, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Try bringing the temps down to 30 / 33 / 40. You may need to slow the pass rate down.

• Kevin Beck

April 23, 2020 at 9:51 am

Thanks I will try that, I also note that in the set up thats being used, there are only the outside 2 pinch rollers being used across a 1370mm roll. Is that ok? I have also read the manual, if I have read it right, it suggests that with heavier thicker material, the media guides should not be used. Can that be right?

• Jamie Wood

April 23, 2020 at 10:29 am

I’d use more pinch rollers if available. On 440gsm banner, we do use the media guides.

• Joe Killeen

April 23, 2020 at 10:31 am

I have the CJV150 and it was setup 30-30-36 for the heaters.
    Pinch rollers for banner I use all 6.
    Joe

• Kevin Beck

April 23, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

• Robert Lambie

April 26, 2020 at 2:06 pm

Hi Kev

Could it be your banner material is cold or fresh in from a delivery which can make the material cold?
    Or perhaps stood on its end directly onto a stone or cold floor? A cold floor can make one side of the media cold up one side about a foot or two.
    I know I am probably stating the obvious but when cool material hits the heaters it can sometimes cockle the media as it is fed through.

Sometimes it can be the quality of a material or the thickness/weight your using, but the 440grms that your using should be fine for this. So I wouldn’t imagine it to be the problem.

if this type of thing happens to use with fresh delivered material, I just tell the lad to feed through the first metre or so and put it onto the take-up system. that solves it because it’s pulling it taught through the machine preventing any slack from puckering up.

• Kevin Beck

April 30, 2020 at 11:35 am

Thanks Robert.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now