Find answers, ask questions, connect with our community.

Activity Feed Forums Sign Discussion File Swapping 2019 Ford Transit Custom Sport stripes template required, help please?

• 2019 Ford Transit Custom Sport stripes template required, help please?

Hugh Potter updated 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • Hugh Potter

December 17, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Hey all,

Big ask I know.. I have a 2019 transit custom sport (tailgate) which came with he factory matt black and orange stripes.

Does anybody have a VERY accurate outline kit for the tailgate version please? Just trying to save myself an hour or so tracing and digitising them myself, means I have to wash it first too – don’t want to do that until I’m ready to put a temp brand on it on friday!

So, bonnet, bumper and spoiler, and tailgate req’d please 🙂

drop me a pm or email if you don’t want to openly share – I’ve no intention of ebaying them etc. just so I have a pattern to replace them when this is chopped in in a few years time!

• Robert Lambie

December 29, 2019 at 9:30 pm

we have done a good few repairs on these vans/stripes for a local Ford garage.
    Like you, we don’t have a template, but have got around this by using knifeless tape where straight cut lines won’t work.

• Phill Fenton

December 30, 2019 at 12:28 pm

I’m with Robert on this – due to the compound curves I think it’s easier just to use Knifeless tape to create the shapes after floodcoating the areas where the graphics go. Here’s a Transit Courier I did earlier this year (which is similar to the custom)

Attachments:

• Hugh Potter

December 30, 2019 at 12:53 pm

Thanks guys..

I’ve taken a proper outline from the originals and will now scan them in to get them accurate. These are just the regular matt black / gloss orange Sport stripes on my own van which I want to remove now, but will put them back on when I chop it back in for another or sell it. Agree with the M-sport aftermarket kits though, none are overly accurate and I would rather make my own~!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now