Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters why is my mutoh SC650 cutting too fast please?

• why is my mutoh SC650 cutting too fast please?

Posted by Dave Harrison on July 16, 2008 at 10:08 am

After years of faithful service my trusty old mutoh is starting to play up. No matter what cutting speed, acceleration, or tool I select the machine seems to be cutting at full speed. Anyone who owns one of these machines will know, they are extremely fast !
    It’s still cutting perfectly, however on larger pieces of work, 2m or longer I have always set the machine to cut slower so the vinyl has less of a chance of creasing as its fed backwards and forwards through the rollers. At its current speed it seems far too aggressive when cutting long pieces of work, it can very stressful if your low on vinyl ! !
    Any suggestions would be grateful

🙂

Ray Watts replied 8 years ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

July 16, 2008 at 10:58 am

Dave
    what software are you using, are you setting the plotter by its LCD panel or the software you use. Most plotters have a command control sometimes this alters & it starts receiving its commands from the software when you think its getting it from the Plotter menu. Hope that makes sense, worth a look anyway

Kev

• Chris Windebank

July 16, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I disabled the settings in my software and rely on the mutoh ones. I have a manual somewhere if you would like a copy

• Wojciech.Szul

July 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Still problem?

Dave, what is shown at Yours SC-650 led’s panel?
    Is this that maximum speed – and You can’t change it to lower – or display say "speed is ok" = low ?

Or MAYBY You forgot to change speed of "knife-up movement" – this was last in speed menu ( if I’m good remember – my mutoh mainboard died few years ago – was excellent machine).

• Dave Harrison

July 31, 2008 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for the sound advice guys. . . yes I have got it sorted. . . I was being thick.. the plotters speeds were being determined by the software.
    . . I’m still amazed how quick these old machines can cut . thanks again guys !

• steviebee

July 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Hi Guys

My names Steviebee new to this site I am looking for help in setting up my Mutoh MC 650S AND BECAUSE ITS A LITTLE OLD cannot get the drivers anywhere can anyone please help me in my quest
    I am in Manchester

Cheers

• Ray Watts

March 30, 2016 at 11:18 am

Hi, my name is Ray and I’m new to the forums. I know this is an old post but I’m having the same trouble with a Gerber fastrack (think this is the same as a mutoh) and using flexisign 8.1. Just wondered if you could tell me how you sorted this? Regards. Ray