Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Where to get Oracal 751c from ?

• Where to get Oracal 751c from ?

Posted by Dave Harrison on September 24, 2020 at 12:04 am

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been on these boards for years ( I just got a shock at seeing how young I look in the profile picture ! ) I hope you all have been keeping well.

Who is the main UK distributor for Oracal films these days. I have used antalis in recent years but always found they have poor stock levels and never kept the full range ? I’m after dove blue 549.

Thanks in advance, and stay safe !

Robert Lambie replied 3 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 24, 2020 at 12:29 am

Good to see you back on the board’s Dave!

Stockholder of the largest range of Oracal vinyl in the UK is Europoint, part of the Vink group now.
    Based in Glasgow, Manchester and Northampton.

Second, in stock size, I think is Spandex, followed by Antalis.

• Jamie Wood

September 24, 2020 at 7:10 am

Just to update, Europoint’s Northampton depot closed down last year. ADAPT and Amari took over the accounts.

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 24, 2020 at 10:12 am

Thanks for the heads-up on the Northampton move, Jamie. Thumbsup

Amari/Adapt/Europoint etc are all owned by Vink, along with Blackburn metals/Righton/Edmonson Electrical and many more. What your seeing with them in Northampton is also happening in Scotland and elsewhere as they merge the different companies under one brand, forming, “i guess”, a sleeker more streamlined sign division company offering a wider range of materials under one roof.

• Simon Worrall

September 24, 2020 at 10:59 am

Oh yes Rob…the old “streamlining” story. What could possibly go wrong?

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 24, 2020 at 11:41 am

….Rofl

• Dave Harrison

September 24, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Thanks everyone..

Europoint ? I thought they were long gone. I used to have an account with them about 15 years ago, I think they went bust because they used so much packaging when shipping their sheet materials. Seriously I never once got a damaged panel from them, they were great. That was until they got taken over by Robert Horne, from then on I didn’t get one undamaged sheet Rofl

• Graham Scanlan

September 24, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Yes Dave, great company when it was part of Paperco, I was there from its conception and jumped 12 months before went down. But as with all these companies with massive overheads things change just like the Vink group now. Too many names under the same umbrella. Consolidation is always sold as a great positive move,

• Richard Wills

September 24, 2020 at 8:18 pm

The irony. Robert Horne used to deliver 3A materials to us in South London, three sheets of 8×4 per quality cardboard envelope. At the time, the only firm who would bring a wagon near our door (and we were 1st floor, narrow staircase). Never had to buy packaging to ship out finished work (photographic exhibitions).

Was told that they lost option to sell 3A, as they would offer other products. Stuck with them until we got almost a ton of PVC board that was just within spec, but completely useless for us, compared to Forex.

Loved the packaging.

The companies that took over handling 3A would always offer us their products first, and second.

Fun factoid, 3 sheets of 3mm DiBond, in a cardboard envelope, on a hot day, carried upstairs, makes a damned nasty capacitor, when the charge decides to jump through the wrapper.

• Robert Lambie

Administrator
    September 25, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Europoint ? I thought they were long gone. I used to have an account with them about 15 years ago, I think they went bust because they used so much packaging when shipping their sheet materials.

Europoint didn’t go bust mate, the original Europoint was connected to Donald Murray Paper, DMP then became part of the Robert Horne Group which was taken over by Paperlinx.

Paperlinx Europe then went into liquidation after “I think” the Belgium division breached a contract of some sort with the Bank, which pulled the European network down.

The original Europoints good reputation, I think was the logic of resurfacing the old name Europoint, because it was starting up again with the original MD and depot managers, some of the same staff etc but ultimately owned by Vink.