Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters what are peoples views on the PCUT 1200 please?

• what are peoples views on the PCUT 1200 please?

Posted by Alexis Davis on December 9, 2007 at 2:12 am

Hi everyone was looking at buying a pcut1200 and was just wondering if anyone had any advice. Im obviously on a budget and was wondering what the machine is like. I quite new to the industry been working for a couple of years and at the moment im mainly cutting window film on a graphtec at work. Im looking into getting into car graphics and for some extra cash during my spare time. so.

1. Ive read through a few topics on here and noticed a lot of problem ones. although im aware this is a forum lol is the machine tempermental??

2. does the artcut software work well as I use signlab at work but its a bit out of my budget?

3. Does the machine have the rollers on the back like a graphtec as i yet to see a picture with any.

4. Is the quality of the cut any different ie is it accurate, suffer from sawtoothing etc.

5. Im really gonna notice a difference between this and a graphtec arnt I

😮

Many thanks in advance and great site I will definately be on here more often as its a goldmine of information.

Alexis Davis replied 15 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Hugh Potter

December 9, 2007 at 3:19 am

hi lLex,

some love em, some hate em, some have had probs, some have not, some have had lots of probs! re software, i think some have managed to use it with their normal software, re configured it, though at gone 3am, i might be talking tosh!

answer to number 5, most likely!

i don’t own one so can’t be of any specific help, but i’m sure you’ll be bombarded soon,

welcome to the site.

Hugh

• Gareth.Lewis

December 9, 2007 at 8:36 am

Six months ago I got a spectacular deal from Graphtec themselves for a ce5000-60 and flexisign software. It may be worth contacting them for a price before you spend out on this. The price difference may be much less than you think. There are many different levels of flexi and signlab software, the higher levels having spec that you may not ever use, so not neccessary to purchase.

• Alexis Davis

December 9, 2007 at 11:38 am

thanks for the info gareth I couldnt reply to your pm….thinking membership is starting to prove a good idea 😛 1400 is so much for me to outlay atm when you can pick up a pcut for sub 5’s. im starting to get cold feet about the whole idea now but i guess im just gonna have to take the plunge and update my plotter when ive earnt some readys and in a better position. any more info from owners would be great, I just had a read through the topic regarding info below this one atm and it has enlighted me somewhat.

Im going to be mainly cutting logos say to size off 6" by 2" in quite large quantities of say 500-2000 and rather large graphics say 1 metre by 2-3 metre is this gonna be feasible??

• Chris Wool

December 9, 2007 at 11:50 am

reading the posts on these things its mainly frustrating connectivity problems, they seem to have different ways of doing usb.
    the other big problem which should not be a problem to you cos of your experience is, total lack of knowledge of cutting vinyl, hence all the questions about poor cutting, non closing loops etc.

my experience is buy good gear plug it in and make some money, else its a toy to play with.

chris

• Alexis Davis

May 19, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Well guys I’ve another thread in the general room but thought I’d update this. I stupidly brought one and now. If anyone is after a joycut with a fuse that pops out, a usb port that has to be taped on as the screws fell in and a new lcd flashing light for one of there rooms I have one on offer.

Please some take it :lol1: